Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hey Lena!

And we did it again. I’m very excited to announce my new film Lena will es endlich wissen, which is scheduled for world premiere at the Berlin Volksbühne, Wednesday, 9th March, 20.00 hrs.

My (Brienen’s) regular troupe (Agnieszka Rozenbajgier, Godehard Giese, Bärbel Schleker, Clayton Nemrow) meets with new faces such as Stella Maria Adorf, Tim Sander, Vivien LaFleur and Peter Kurth. I always wanted to make a seventies-styled satire, which easily mixes the kitsch and sweetness of ABBA videos and Farrah Fawcett haircuts, with political social comments on society. Viva Europa! star Ms Rozenbajgier did an excellent job playing the confused, love-searching Lena, André Götzmann was responsible for some stunning, seventies-esque cinematography, makep-artist and hair stylist Maike Oberhoffer gave our actors the right, sophisticated look. Written for the screen by Marc Baumgarten and myself, I’m excited to see the film on the big screen in less than three weeks from now. A trailer will be online in a few days. Hope to see you all at the Berlin Volksbühne on the 9th of March.

E.